[Mageia-sysadm] ML request for QAteam

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:41:39 CEST 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 14:02, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> For the name, well, I am not much satisfied with qateam, as I find this
> to be quite non descriptive for people who are not previous mandriva
> people ( ie for almost everybody except a few ).
> So I am sure that we can find a better and more descriptive name, or at
> least try to find a better one.

qateam => QA team, as there's one in the project? (such as could be
webteam@, secteam@, commteam@, etc.?

I would find this more descriptive as to the purpose/role of the list
(team list) than just qa@, web@, security@ which would be, in turn,
more descriptive of a contact email address.

Or maybe qa-team at ml.mageia.org then?

(yes, it comes out too from years of practice of this naming scheme at
Mandriva where, well, these were internal list names/aliases - but
here it would be public as team's lists are :-p ).

>> This ML can be public for now as we don't have security bug fix
>> request for the moment.
>> Perhaps we should put it private after the Mageia 1 release.
> [...]
> And finally, the way we manage security would be handled by the security
> team, and it is not started yet.

I was going to say that.

That doesn't prevent having the qateam leader (or a few specific
qateam members) to be in this secteam private loop so they can
validate secteam updates.

Romain