[Mageia-sysadm] French forum creation

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed May 25 13:01:02 CEST 2011

On Wednesday, 25 May 2011 11:55:01 Balcaen John wrote:
> Le mercredi 25 mai 2011 06:23:21, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> [...]
>
> > I spoke with Maat this morning and reexplain how we imagined forums.
> > The final conclusion was we had to advertise more on these local
> > forums  and push them on forums web site
>
> Do we have a common authentification over thoses local forum ?

No.

> (aka we can identify on mageia « main » forum & then  use MLO forum or
> others locals forum without « creating» a new account)

Currently, main forum authenticates directly against LDAP, including some
group mapping.

We have discussed then need for SSO capabilities, but so far no-one has
indicated *which* one (e.g. OpenId or Oauth) we should use (e.g. supported by
the clients we envisage).

It looks like it shouldn't be too much (development on identity) work to add
OAuth2 provider support (CatalystX::OAuth2::Provider.), but I haven't spent
much time trying to understand OAuth2.

Regards,
Buchan