[Mageia-sysadm] Why do kernel updates always fail to build all of the i586 packages?

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Fri Oct 21 11:09:01 CEST 2011

Pascal Terjan skrev 21.10.2011 12:01:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 09:41, David W. Hodgins<davidwhodgins at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Every time there is a kernel update, not all of the i586
>> rpm packages get built.
>
> They all do, the end of the list does not get uploaded
>
>> Why does this type of problem happen with
>> every kernel update?
>
> I guess they take too long to be copied and something times out but I
> could not find what, or maybe there is a race condition which does not
> happen with packages which can be uploaded quicker

Can we work around it by not allowing both arches of the kernel to be
built on the same buildhost ? IIRC that's when this is happening...

As for the current kernel in updates testing it's no big problem,
as it's not the final one for QA. I will push a new set this weekend,
and make sure all rpms gets on the mirror.

--
Thomas