[Mageia-sysadm] Initscripts - Migrating to git and regenerating mdkconf.patch and further Mageia tweaks.

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:18:40 CEST 2011

On 21 October 2011 14:24, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> Don't you think attaching a file rather than pasting 1000+ lines of log
>> woud be more friendly to other people?
>
> It's only 700 lines not 1000+,

I don't know how you count but I count 1023 lines between first
"git remote add mga" until last "initscripts-9.31-1 -> initscripts-9.31-1"
(for a grand total of 1122 lines)

But even if it was 700, that would still be too big

> and the mail would be the same size
> regardless (well bigger with the header overhead of the attachment), so
> I'm not sure why it's more considerate...

Well there is: I'd to scroll down your 1000+ lines just to see if
there was anything
else after the logs...
If it would have been a log file, I wound't have to.

> Also if you want to refer/quote to specific parts of the push (as I did
> in my other reply) then including inline is better and more considerate.
> This is pretty much common practice for patch reviews etc (to allow
> inline quoting).

We don't speak about patch review but about repeteaed contents over
1000+ lines.

This is off topic BS.
Of those 1000+ lines, 814 were the same sendmail message again & again!
What's the point of repeating it over 800+ lines?
If someone was interesting in "reviewing" them, having 5 lines
would have been enough.

> So it really depends on different peoples' definition of $CONSIDERATE.

Come on...