[Mageia-sysadm] Final proposal for new servers

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Oct 21 18:18:03 CEST 2011

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011, nicolas vigier wrote:

> - 4 * 1TB disk (1 for ARM board, 1 for jonund, 2 for ecosse) :
>   http://www.materiel.net/disque-dur-3-5-pouces/western-digital-re4-s-ata-1-to-64-mo-62975.html
>   Total: 327.96 euros

After discussing this with Damien, instead of buying a second disk
for jonund and ecosse, an other option would be to buy SSD disks.
A 256GB SSD cost 380 euros. We also have a donation of 4 * 80GB SATA
disks (new disks never used). So on each node we could use 2 * 80GB disks
in raid 1 for the system, and do the builds on the 256GB SSD.

So that's 760 euros instead of 328. But I think it can be worth it, as
it can speed up the builds significantly.

About disk size, we currently have a 508GB partition on jonund, with
228GB used. But we have at least 200GB of old chroots that we can remove,
so I think 256GB would be enough.

What do you think ?