[Mageia-sysadm] Identity management and cookies

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Thu Sep 8 19:04:56 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've got a potential helper who can't get past the registration stage
- here's his info:

> I can't register in the Mageia forums and there's apparently no
> way to email an admin to get any help doing that.
>
> I enter my details and the CAPTCHA numbers, but that isn't accepted
> and I get an "invalid code entered' message at the top of the
> webpage. I do have cookies turned off, with exceptions for websites
> that I allow, but nothing I put in that website cookie string for
> Mageia seems to work. I have tried it using mageia.org,
> www.mageia.org and identity.mageia.org.
>
> I'm not going to start blindly accepting cookies everywhere to do
> this, so if you or someone else can tell me what string I need to
> use, great.

Question 1, what's the string he needs? my cookie says
identity.mageia.org, but he's tried that...

Question 2, what about a link on the registration screen so people
can get help? It's just lucky this guy knew me to ask.

Cheers,

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D
52.4161N,16.9303E