[Mageia-sysadm] There are 2 different packages with same version and release in the repository

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Sat Sep 10 02:32:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

While treating the update candidate for freetype2 in Mageia 1, I found that
packages having exactly the same name are present in :
tainted/updates
tainted/updates_testing

The package is freetype2- 2.4.4-5.1.mga1.tainted.src.rpm

Those 2 packages are different, one from June, the other from August.

I'm trying to guess what happened :
- there was an update in June (pushed only to tainted)
- the packager forgot to increase subrel and pushed a new update candidate in
tainted/updates_testing

I think that upon submit into tainted/updates_testing, the BS didn't check
that there wasn't a package with a higher or equal version in tainted/updates.
Am I right ?

Samuel