[Mageia-sysadm] is the svn server down?

Michael scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Apr 2 21:18:53 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 07:57:23PM +0200, Maarten Vanraes wrote:

> well, i would think that there's other monitoring warnings/criticals rather
> than only failures regarding pkgsubmit...

Then people should look at xymon.
( http://xymon.mageia.org/ ).

If the smiley is happy, then it work. If it is unhappy, it doesn't work.
There is also color code ( red == not working, green == working )
for non colourblind people. Even a packager could understand them without
much training.

> btw: the bad cable, was that an uplink one? you can also ask for a second
> patch in that case. (but i'm sure you know)

Unfortunately, our switch has only one uplink ( and no free port at all ).
And is non manageable ( but I will ask for that for the zarb.org switch, once
we find how to manage )

And the main problem is that each time something break, it break :
- during the night
- on friday during the night
- on friday during the night before a 2 week holidays