[Mageia-sysadm] Mass rebuild

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Dec 5 22:50:44 CET 2012

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012, Pascal Terjan wrote:

> I was thinking about it tonight
>
> Rebuilding everything takes 1 week building one package at a time
>
> If we temporarily added sucuk and rabbit as build nodes (twice each
> like the two other) and submitted all packages, it would take less
> than 24h.

Good idea.

> The hardest part being to bump the release in all specs (not sure how
> many have some strange way to set the release)

By the way I have added yesterday a script that can be used to rebuild
a list of packages :
http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/release/trunk/rebuild-packages?revision=6577&view=markup

It will keep at most 6 packages in todo queue so that other people can
still submit packages without waiting too much. And it is using
Youri::Package::RPM::Updater to bump the release in the spec before
submitting. According to module documentation it supports cases like :

  Release:   x

and :

  %define release x
  Release: %{release}

but not more complex cases. I don't know if a lot of packages use
something more complex to set release.