[Mageia-sysadm] Mass rebuild

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:17:02 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org> wrote:
> nicolas vigier skrev 5.12.2012 23:50:
>
>> On Wed, 05 Dec 2012, Pascal Terjan wrote:
>>
>>> I was thinking about it tonight
>>>
>>> Rebuilding everything takes 1 week building one package at a time
>>>
>>> If we temporarily added sucuk and rabbit as build nodes (twice each
>>> like the two other) and submitted all packages, it would take less
>>> than 24h.
>>

>> Good idea.
>>

> Good idea as such, but...
>
> will valstar be able to handle the load & diskspace?
>
> I mean we have had some problems when a lot of bigger packages
> entered rpmlint at the same time...

I think this was a bug (missing lock) which should be fixed. Only one
package at a time should be having rpmlint running.
The most costly thing in upload is (for 99% of packages) updating the
hdlists and this is batched (done once for all the packages which are
ready when emi starts) so it should be fine