[Mageia-sysadm] geoip and IPv6

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:29:03 CET 2012

Hi there,

pterjan gently installed/activated php-geoip on www for our download
pages, so I can use geoip_* functions. So far, I used to rely on
MaxMind specific library in PHP.

However, it looks like it's completely lost with IPv6 clients (and the
library I used before was certainly as well, I'm just considering the
problem with a fresh eye here).

Consequence: it doesn't break our downloads, however, from the Web
site, our IPv6 visitors are redirected to a completely random server
to download our software. IPv4 are still redirected to their "closest"
mirror.