[Mageia-sysadm] Toys&Tools for Mageia Infrastructure

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 22:40:27 CET 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 02:20, Kamil Rytarowski <n54 at gmx.com> wrote:
> 1. *Mageia packages maintainership daily statistics* - It's already working
> here http://kamil.mageia.org.pl/MageiaStats/
> 2. *SVN searcher* - Preview is working here
> http://kamil.mageia.org.pl/svnsearch.cgi - data is a few weeks old, twice
> synced
> 3. *Missing dependencies daily statistics*  - to-be done
> 4. *Statistics about our packagers* (like https://cia.vc - but more
> information) - to-be done
> 5. *Build server statistics* - to-be done
> And a few more ideas.

That sounds excellent. I started a small, progressive dashboard mockup
here: http://dashboard.mageia.org/ but it still needs quite some work
(and more data sources to be available through a Web interface).

> Some of the projects above are more toys than tools, but anyway I find them
> handy (like the maintainership statistics).

What would be even better would be to make all/most of these
informations available from a central place (at least in a documented
way) so that consistent mashups can be built with time. You could
start by adding to https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Metrics above resources
you compiled.

> So then I have two primary questions:
> - How to you find that, is it possible to (say daily, weekly) synchronize
> Mageia SVN (only Cauldron tree?)? What about fetching svn:log data? It's a
> few GB of data and a lot of files, directories

sysadmins?

> - If the data is open to everyone to read (pkgsubmit, cia.vc, etc), is it
> fine to store it in one private or public place? Is this against privacy of
> our packagers?

It is fine, as long as you relicense this data and its use under a
CC-By-SA license or equivalent. Mageia is intended to be totally
forkable from the very start; so all contributions (code, data, doc,
artwork, etc.) to the project are public and licensed in such a way it
is possible to fork. There's no privacy issue in this.