[Mageia-sysadm] [sysadmin-reports] Hobbit [817408] alamut.mageia.org:hobbitd warning (YELLOW)

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 16 15:32:38 CET 2012

Le lundi 16 janvier 2012 à 14:10 +0200, Buchan Milne a écrit :
> Why are we restarting xymon every hour?

because the initscripts do not have a 'status' command and so xymon is
restarted by puppet ( in fact, not restarted, just started ).
I supposed that xymon initscript would be idempotent and just do
nothing, and since you were aware of the issue last time we talk, I
supposed it was not a problem beyong "1 useless line of log".

But if this is the reason why xymon is flooding the list ( and i didn't
figured this was the problem after looking at the code ), I will take a
look to avoid that. Puppet can surely work around this.