[Mageia-sysadm] News about champagne and krampouezh (Gandi.net hosting)

Damien Lallement mageia at damsweb.net
Fri Jun 22 16:38:25 CEST 2012

Le 21/06/2012 16:11, Pascal Terjan a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Damien Lallement <mageia at damsweb.net> wrote:
>> Yesterday, Gandi.net annouced:
>> http://www.lebardegandi.net/post/2012/06/20/Les-parts-serveur-deviennent-plus-puissantes
>>
>> It means that now, for the same price (but also for old customers), things
>> are bigger than before.
>> We this new change, we now have:
>> - CPU: 2 (no change)
>> - RAM: 2560 MB (we won 512 MB. FYI, we still pay for 1536 MB/month)
>> - HDD: 24 GB (we won 8 GB)
>> - Bandwith: 20 Mb/s (we won 10 Mb/s)
>>
>> So, I made this changes:
>> - champagne.mageia.org:
>>         - HDD: +3 GB for data partition, so we now have 8 GB for data
>>         - RAM: +256 MB, so we now have 1792 MB
>> - krampouezh.mageia.org:
>>         - HDD: +3 GB for data partition, so we now have 4 GB for data
>>         - RAM: +256 MB, so we now have 768 MB
>> I made the resize for both partitions.
>
> If we got 512MB more, why not reducing what we pay for, do we need more ram?

1 536 MB and 512 MB were quite short, sometimes we encountered some
errors because of lack of RAM.
So, adding 256 MB on each VM was not to much I think.
FYI, 1536 MB, it costs 14 € per months. Not really expensive.

>> So, for now, in spare:
>> - HDD: 6 GB
>> - Bandwith: 10 Mb/s
>
> Why not using the bandwidth?

Because for now, we didn't have any trouble with "not enough bandwith".
But yes, we can upgrade it too if needed, you're right.
--
Damien Lallement
twitter: damsweb - IRC: damsweb/coincoin