[Mageia-sysadm] updating sysadmin privileges in forum config

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:57:13 CET 2012

Hi there (xpost sysadmins and forums-discuss lists),

following the steps in
https://ml.mageia.org/l/arc/council/2012-03/msg00115.html I'm going to
update the forums groups for sysadmin members. The culprit is that
it's not in sync with LDAP so far, so it's to be manually updated.

Targetted situation:
 - forum _technical_ management people => sysadmin (includes updating
the code base, reviewing and applying patches)
 - forum administration (roles, configuration, all that can be done
through the Web interface, interfacing with sysadmin) => someone still
to step up
 - we don't touch to user-defined groups by default (although I'm not
sure Packagers/Sysadmins ones are really needed/used - they are not in
sync either - but this should be dealt with future forum)
 - we use the Administrators group to manage who gets to fully manage
the forums (there's an extra higher level for that, but not accessible
to anyone at this time). Sysadmin members are members of this group.
I'm reviewing the steps to do that (I will most likely kill the
Sysadmins group and copy the forums users from the LDAP sysadmin group
into this Administrators group).
 - this is for forums.mageia.org/en/ ; forums.mageia.org/de/ should be
managed in the same way, but we need someone to relay the discussion
in German.

Comments?

r.