[Mageia-sysadm] [forums-discuss] Re: updating sysadmin privileges in forum config

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:47:03 CEST 2012

2012/3/26 Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>:
>> 2012/3/26 Marja van Waes <marja11 at xs4all.nl>:
>>> Sorry, but I miss the knowledge you have. You have knowledge about missed
>>> phpBB security issues that affect our forum, please report them and link to
>>> the relevant phpBB bug fixes or attach the relevant changelogs.
>>
>> Anyhow I will see what I can do.
>
> Just to give you an idea: there are around 150 bug fixes between the
> version used by Mageia and the latest stable version, not counting
> feature enhancements, new features, tasks nor subtasks::
> http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents.php?mode=changelog&version=3
>
> I'm searching for a list of security related fixes but I think bug
> fixes are already a good motivation to upgrade.

Ok, I checked. Last security related fix was before 3.0.8 - seeing the
sheer number of bug fixes and the general recommendation of the phpbb
team to update because of security built an "update-friendly" habit
here. But all the more than 150 bug fixes are just that: bug fixes.
So, to say it in a provoking way: no need for updates = case closed.

--
wobo