[Mageia-sysadm] Mageia OpenID

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue Oct 2 00:18:11 CEST 2012

Hello,

After tonight council meeting discussion about forums, it seems the main
problem with migration of the forums outside sysadmin team would be
losing the mageia identity authentication.

So to solve this, we could setup an OpenID provider, using Mageia ldap
as backend. Then the forums can use the Mageia OpenID for authentication.

For the OpenID provider using Mageia ldap, we can use this software :
  http://www.openid-ldap.org/
it seems easy to setup.

For phpbb OpenID support, I found two mods to support login with OpenID.
alternate-login MOD, which seems to be actively developed :
  https://github.com/mjimeyg/alternate-login
and phpbb-openid, with latest release in 2010 :
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbb-openid/