[Mageia-sysadm] [sysadmin-reports] Hobbit [727252] valstar.mageia.org:disk CRITICAL (RED)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Sep 19 10:49:09 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and nicolas vigier at 15/09/12 18:05 did gyre and gimble:
>> > What about sticking a 240GB SSD in valstar,
>> > that would carry /tmp and /var/lib/shedbot ?
> Yes, that could be nice. If we take a 400 or 500GB SSD, we could also
> have /distrib/bootstrap/distrib/cauldron on SSD, to speed up genhdlists
> on cauldron.

While not IO related, Oden mentioned on IRC something that might be
interesting regarding md5/sha1 sum calculations:

<oden> cool. is there some sha1 generation done there?
<oden> or md5 sums?
<oden> if so, sysadmin should benchmark coreutils tools vs. md5sha1sum i
added. notably faster with md5sha1sum

I don't know the process, but if there is a lot of such stuff going on,
it may help speed things up CPU wise.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie