[Mageia-sysadm] Migration of the forums

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Sep 19 19:56:07 CEST 2012

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Romain d'Alverny wrote:

> 2012/9/19 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:
> > In order to do this :
> >  - we remove ldap authentication from the forums.
>
> And maybe could we call for an alternative plug into our ldap auth
> (still speaking of OAuth here). That would give a lot more flexibility
> for 3rd party web apps to plug into Mageia services, and security for
> us.

It would be nice to have something like this in the long term. But it
seems difficult to have it ready soon, unless we have someone who can
work on this and provide something soon. So at least at the beginning,
we will probably not have this available.

> > What do you think about this ?
>
> Will that make everyone happier and more productive?

This seems to be what maat wants, if I understood his email on
forums-discuss correctly.

> All in all, it must be discussed with the forums team as well.

They can discuss in this thread. Or it can also be discussed in forums
list.