[Mageia-sysadm] Migration of the forums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:03:30 CEST 2012

2012/9/20 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2012, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

>> > This is what we were supposed to do now, but it seems it doesn't work.
>>
>> Ah, I did not know that. Would it not be better to find out why this
>> does not work and try to fix that?
>
> Each discussion quickly move to personal attacks and fights to point out
> who is responsible for all the problems, and I'm really tired of those
> discussions and bad atmosphere, and I think we've wasted enough time
> with this since the begining of the project. So if it's imposible to
> discuss, I think the best solution is to move forums setup outside
> sysadmin team, so that there is no need to discuss anymore.

Yes, this issue has a history of wrong behavior and misunderstandings,
I am a part of it as everybody else. Unfortunately it is also a
history of individual responsibility, not a system error. But since
when is this a reason to forget about a good solution at all? Moreso
if the proposed second choice is a very bad choice?

A forum is the main communication platform between makers and users -
even if you don't like forums. Each and every large popular project I
have visited during the last 10 years has a forum on their website.
Surely users will find a forum outside of the Mageia web family, but
what an impression will give that to them, regarding Mageia as a
project which relies on the cooperation and contribution of the users?

IMHO an "outsourcing" of the forum is a no-go. And I'm still not
convinced that the simple sysadmin<->forum sysadmin scheme is not
possible.

--
wobo