[Mageia-sysadm] [council] complying with French law

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 1 10:01:26 CET 2013

On 01/03/13 08:28, Anne Nicolas wrote:
> Le 01/03/2013 07:29, Marja van Waes a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> If this list is correct:
>> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Privacy_policy#Data_retention
>> then we don't comply enough.
>>
>> Of course authorities won't ever ask us for data about terrorists, even
>> if that is what the law was originally made for.
>>
>> However, going by how telephone taps, information about bank accounts
>> etc. are used in the Netherlands, there is a good chance we'll get a
>> request for data one day: not because of what someone does or says on
>> mageia.org, but because someone becomes a suspect, is consequently being
>> followed and happens to visit mageia.org.
>>
>> Of course he'll be cleared later, we don't have criminals visiting us :)
>>
>> However, can we afford a fine for not being able to provide the
>> requested information?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Marja
>

> If I remember well it needs a small patch on forums. Some guys are in
> charge of. They should deal with. As you seem to have time to handle
> this please check with them

As you can see in the list on the linked-to wiki page, this is not only
about the forums.

I don't have the needed energy to handle this. If I did, I would have
stepped forward as board candidate.

@ tmb

Since you're in the board and also one of the leaders of sysadmin team,
I'll leave it to you.

Cheers,
Marja