[Mageia-sysadm] Migration of zarb mailling lists

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 28 17:12:28 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and nicolas vigier at 27/03/13 16:24 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2013, Sander Lepik wrote:

>> 27.03.2013 16:44, nicolas vigier kirjutas:
>>

>> Hey,
>>

>> Why not just dev at ml.mageia.org? Same for other something-discuss
>> lists. I'd drop the discuss part, seems obvious :) (and would be
>> easier to remember..)
>
> The reason for [something]-discuss is that not all lists are for
> discussions. For instance there are lists for bugzilla mails
> ([something]-bugs), lists for commits mails ([something]-commits), etc

Makes sense. I'm not super fussed either way, but perhaps the -discuss
could be implied if it's not present (e.g. all the specific ML's for
commits, bugs etc. have their suffix but in the absence of a suffix
implies it's a "discussion" mailing list)?

Dangerously close to bike shedding tho'... I should note, I don't care
what's it's called - Thunderbird completely fails to realise I send mail
to the dev list much more than the others yet it still does not
autocomplete it before the -sysadmin list!!

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
colin(at)mageia.org