[Mageia-sysadm] Calenco notifications (Re: Migration of zarb mailling lists)

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 29 09:28:00 CET 2013

On 29/03/13 08:06, Oliver Burger wrote:
> Am 28.03.2013 18:30, schrieb nicolas vigier:
>>> In the wiki there is:
>>> mageia-i18n at mageia.org => i18n-discuss at ml.mageia.org and
>>> i18n-bugs at ml.mageia.org
>>>
>>> does the global i18n team need a bugs mailing ?
>>> Today I assigned a bug to them, but it's the first one since a long
>>> time.
>>> What could be useful is to add all existing i18n-locale at ml.mageia.org as
>>> bugzilla id.
>>
>> Ok. What do the i18n team think about this ?
>>
> I think it would be good to have a global bugs ml. Not all language
> teams (aka those who are only one person) don't have an ml of their own.
> So I'd go for i18n-discuss and i18n-bugs.

In that case, the idea to let Calenco translation notifications go to
the mls of teams isn't that good, after all. I suppose they should then
go to i18n-bugs, too.

The notifications are repeated every day though, unless the
translation-original-revision tag is set to the last English version.

If there isn't a translator for that language available:

* adding or replacing the changed string(s) with the English string(s)
and setting the translation-original-revision tag to the current English
version and then
* mentioning the file in a bug report (one report per language):
"English strings in <name of language> Calenco translations"

would keep us from getting spammed with daily diffs for the same files
over and over again and help us to keep track of what needs to be
updated when a new translator for that language is available.

WDYT?