[Mageia-webteam] Progress

Kosmas Chatzimichalis Kosmas at mach7x.com
Tue Dec 28 16:22:05 CET 2010

On 28 December 2010 13:49, Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net> wrote:
> Le mercredi 22 décembre 2010 18:23:53, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
>>   * maintainers db (http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web:maintdb );
>> we've got a new one here; anyone willing to take it? one mandatory
>> condition: use a Rails or Django framework to set it up (so it's
>> quick, basic and square, built from the data model)
>
> Symfony should be fine too, no ? It's" quick, basic and square, built from the
> data model" :)
>
> As I just wrote on the -dev ML, I would have liked to help on this task
> because we already have a database full with packages, will synchronize the
> list of packages regularly from the mirrors (which the maintainers' db will
> have to do too), and so adding maintainership stuff would be easy and avoid
> effort duplication (and I'm sure we can have a coherent interface for both the
> main goals of mageia-app-db and the maintainers database). However, as the
> deadline is probably very short, I didn't (and I was late on the corresponding
> thread too and Kosmas already stepped in).
>
> However, it's still possible to work from the mageia-app-db basis if someone
> wants to, I'll be glad to help. Version 0.1 of mageia-app-db is due in 3 days,
> if needed version 0.2 could be dedicated to maintainership management.
>
> Regards
>
> Samuel Verschelde

Samuel,

As I'm currently working with Ruby on Rails, and would like to help
here with what I can, since it was suggested that an application can
be built with Ruby on Rails I offered my help.

If other people in the list would prefer this to be built on another
framework, I wouldn't have any problem leaving it.

I don't think there's any point to comparing the different frameworks,
as we all have different opinions, but Ruby on Rails is the skill that
I can offer to the list.
As about the database you are currently having, I'm sure it wouldn't
be a big problem to interface with a different application.

Regards
Kosmas Chatzimichalis