[Mageia-webteam] Mageia-webteam Digest, Vol 2, Issue 2

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 18:04:28 CET 2010

Hi Kosmas,

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:11, Kosmas Chatzimichalis <Kosmas at mach7x.com> wrote:
> 1. Use git instead of svn

My preference as well. We already have Subversion anyway, but git is
likely to be available as well. No deadline yet. We are as well
looking into something like gitorious for that. And that leads to:

> 2. For issues/bug tracking can I suggest redmine (http://www.redmine.org/)
> as it simpler to use

Sure, we can try this.

One fear/inconvenient is that parts of redmine would be duplicates
regarding the distribution bug tracker (unless it is redmine as well),
the project wiki, forums, etc. Unless, indeed we limit to tabs we will
use only.

We used to use Trac as well before internally, and redmine is a good
follower to this. However we've got to know:
 - whether we track everything under the same tool (Bugzilla, Redmine, other);
 - whether we track parts in one (distribution work for instance in
Bugzilla), parts in an other (web apps or other "loosely coupled" apps
in Redmine);
 - and how the chosen solution makes it easy to track/search through
all projects.

That's an ongoing debate. First we have to decide on the simple, best
suited tool to do that, then maybe have some code around to gather
stats.

Romain