[Mageia-webteam] Questions about the forum - Part II

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 7 15:35:31 CEST 2011

2011/4/7 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:
> On Thu, 07 Apr 2011, Maât wrote:
>

>> As you said there are moderators and special groups which are NOT moderators... special groups *could* be moderators or have extended rights on sections (which are called forums in phpbb3 jargon)
>
> It seems there are a lot of groups that are duplicate of ldap groups
> (packagers, sysadmin, translators, founders, bug hunters). As ldap
> cannot be used in phpbb for this, it means groups will have to be
> manually synchronised, which is a lot of work.
>
> So I think an option would be to remove those groups, as they are not
> really necessary, and only use moderator groups.

This would match my approach, yes.
But as for the relation to LDAP - it is not necessary. The groups in
the forum were set up inside the forum and will be "filled" with
people inside the froum group management. LDAP is not concerned with
matters inside the forum, only for authentification (login).

--
wobo