[Mageia-webteam] Installing maintdb on Mageia servers

Kosmas Chatzimichalis Kosmas at mach7x.com
Fri Apr 15 19:30:15 CEST 2011

On 13 April 2011 13:43, nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Kosmas Chatzimichalis wrote:
>
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > I think it would be a good idea to install on the Mageia servers for
> > testing.
> > Is not finished, as I'm struggling for time at the moment, and have an
> > imminent relocation to another country.
> >
> > The deployment is taken care from a capistrano recipe, so we would need
> > add the server details.
> > After that we should be able to try and install it.
>
> Is it possible to deploy without using capistrano ?
> According to the description of the project, Capistrano is a tool to
> execute commands on remote machines via SSH. But we are already using
> puppet to deploy everything else on Mageia servers, so we should use it
> for maintdb too.

Nicolas,

I've seen puppet being used to deploy using capistrano recipes so that
shouldn't be a problem.

If that is a problem, we can maybe go through another way of deploying the
application.

The nice thing about using puppet + capistrano I believe that is easy to
deploy new versions of the application.

Or by doing a quick search how about that:
http://railsmachine.com/articles/2009/03/18/moonshine-what-burns-blue-makes-your-blues-go-away/