[Mageia-webteam] Forum installation (almost) complete

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Feb 23 10:06:50 CET 2011

Le mardi 22 février 2011 à 21:41 +0100, Maât a écrit :
> Le 22/02/2011 16:09, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> > Le mardi 22 février 2011 à 15:08 +0100, Maât a écrit :
> >> Le 22/02/2011 13:42, Michael Scherer a écrit :

> > > If we don't use .htaccess then all these configs need to be moved to apache vhost config
> > IMHO, that's safer.
> >
> Ok but we'll probably need to change rewrite rules from time to time...
>
> => problems to expect sooner or later

Speaking of that...

The phpbb_seo package is under a license called RPL, according to the
COPYING file. This license  among others force us to provides the source
code of the forum if we deploy it ( even privately ) for at least for 12
months after we decided to stop use it.

That's quite a strong requirement, but that's not the only issue.

FSF say this is not compatible with GPL. ( see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#NonFreeSoftwareLicense ,
search "reciprocal public license", there is also others reasons )

Phpbb is distributed under the GPL, and I would like to be sure there is
nothing fishy about that.

--
Michael Scherer