[Mageia-webteam] Webteam peers, bootstrapping

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 17:44:58 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 15:25, Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net> wrote:
> Le 06/01/2011 14:27, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
>>      - of course, something making push/merge requests possible could
>> help (writable only by manager+webmasters, leaving everyone else push
>> changes to be merged after review)
>>
> Have we designed the standard lifecycles for patches and the standard merge/qualification processes ?

Not. We need some practice on this first I guess.

>>    - some limited commands? what type? rsync/svn/git types?
>>
> for example : forums we'll be deploying forums versions with git

Ok, but that does not necessarily mean access to the server (this can
be triggered indirectly).

>>  * server deployment:
>>    - staging from a branch available to all peers

That is, ability to sync trunk (or whatever branch) to staging server.
That's an option that allows everyone to see up-to-date working apps
(and to quickly acknolewge broken ones). Or we can have a cron from
VCS to staging.

Romain