[Mageia-webteam] [Mageia-sysadm] Forum VM needs

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Thu Jan 13 13:50:38 CET 2011

* Michael Scherer (misc at zarb.org) wrote:
> Le mercredi 12 janvier 2011 à 23:05 +0100, Maât a écrit :

> > > Do you know if it would be possible to use Postgresql instead of MySQL ?
> > > We already have a Postgresql server running on alamut that we could use.
> > phpBB3 is supposed to work with PostgreSQL 7.3+ though it's not as widely used as MySQL as a phpBB backend.
>
> Great, so more testing to do /o\

In practice, if the SQL was properly written, the SQL must work on any
PGSQL version, especially since it have to work on other SQL server
(mysql).

But who know with php apps.

> > The problem (for me) is that i just know the basic of PostgreSQL... so we'll need someone else skilled
> > enough to tune it (and i'd be truly happy to learn from him/her)
>
> Nanar will be able to do it, even if hosting a small database like this
> may not be very appealing to him. There is just 5g, when compared to
> sophie, I let him give the numbers.

Sophie:
- on disk size: ~ 200GB
- biggers tables, rows estimated to 150 millions, next table 16 millions
- 1208570 rpms in it currently

I manage 5 posgresql servers at works.

--

Olivier Thauvin