[Mageia-webteam] [Mageia-sysadm] Forum VM needs

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Jan 17 13:42:10 CET 2011

Le samedi 15 janvier 2011 à 16:46 +0100, Maât a écrit :
> Le 15/01/2011 16:11, Michael scherer a écrit :
> > On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 11:46:38AM +0100, Maât wrote:
> >> Le 13/01/2011 13:29, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> >>
> >> ----8<----
> >>>
> >> It could be done using things like TOS
> > Url ?
> http://fr.talend.com/products-data-integration/talend-open-studio.php

> >> Ouch
> > Why ouch ?
> >
> > 5 minutes is too often, not often enough ?
> > ( this is configurable, as this is based on cron )
> >
> > I would prefer a pull based approach rather than push, because
> > 1) this is already written
> > 2) this is more secure
> >
> > But it may not be good for deployment.
> >
> ok for pull but human-triggered !
>
> in case of a commit pushed by error i don't want production forum follow the move by itself !

We could had a post receive hook that check that any commit comes from
testing first. Ie, no way to commit to production without pushing to
testing first.

I would even check that the commit was in testing for at least X days or
X hours. But this may cause trouble for security fix. On the other hand,
you don't want to rush a security fix...

> >> But we could perfectly use the last (nightly ,) production backup to populate the test base when i need to go
> >> back to "clean production state"
> > This requires use to do backup, and so have at least a backup process
> > But we can also do it. I just think that replication would be less heavy
> > on IO than dump/reload when needed ( and would be easier to automate ).
> >
> doing backups would be a good idea imho

Yeah, obviously yes. But we either do them on the same server ( and
that's kinda useless I fear ), or we do this cross servers ( and that's
kinda complex ).

We could for a start dump pgsql on valstar, and sync svn on alamut.

Or use rabbit, there is 2 To, we could spare some for backups ?

--
Michael Scherer