[Mageia-webteam] Maintdb

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Sun Mar 6 15:29:28 CET 2011

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011, Kosmas Chatzimichalis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone wishing to try out the maintainers db, the staging server is here:
>
> http://www.maintdb2.mageia.org.uk/maintainers_spackages
>
> Any comment, suggestions, breakages (I know about one ;-) ), welcome.

I think the first version should be made as simple as possible, with
only the minimal features we need, to have something ready to use soon.
So for now I think it should only have this :
 - For the database, a table which includes a list of source package
   names with corresponding maintainer login. And nothing else in the
   database for the first version. I don't think a table for maintainers
   is needed.
 - a URL with authentication which will be accessed by the build system
   to add automatically a new source package, with maintainer login
 - a URL to print the maintainer login of all source packages in the
   database (and a version without html, so it can be used by other tools)
 - a URL to print the packages maintained by someone (using the login)
 - a website using ldap for authentication, to allow maintainers to drop
   maintainership of their package (which become unmaintained), and take
   maintainership of unmaintained packages

And it should not have :
 - a table in the database including name and email of maintainers, as
   this info is already stored in ldap.
 - a page to create a new maintainer, as there is no maintainer table
   needed, so no need to add them somewhere. Only the login name should
   be used to identify maintainers.
 - a page to create a new source package, as it should be done
   automatically by the build system and not from the web site
 - a page for compiled packages. For maintainership, we only care about
   source packages.