boklm at mars-attacks.org
Sun Mar 6 15:29:28 CET 2011
On Sun, 06 Mar 2011, Kosmas Chatzimichalis wrote:
> Anyone wishing to try out the maintainers db, the staging server is here:
> Any comment, suggestions, breakages (I know about one ;-) ), welcome.
I think the first version should be made as simple as possible, with
only the minimal features we need, to have something ready to use soon.
So for now I think it should only have this :
- For the database, a table which includes a list of source package
names with corresponding maintainer login. And nothing else in the
database for the first version. I don't think a table for maintainers
- a URL with authentication which will be accessed by the build system
to add automatically a new source package, with maintainer login
- a URL to print the maintainer login of all source packages in the
database (and a version without html, so it can be used by other tools)
- a URL to print the packages maintained by someone (using the login)
- a website using ldap for authentication, to allow maintainers to drop
maintainership of their package (which become unmaintained), and take
maintainership of unmaintained packages
And it should not have :
- a table in the database including name and email of maintainers, as
this info is already stored in ldap.
- a page to create a new maintainer, as there is no maintainer table
needed, so no need to add them somewhere. Only the login name should
be used to identify maintainers.
- a page to create a new source package, as it should be done
automatically by the build system and not from the web site
- a page for compiled packages. For maintainership, we only care about
More information about the Mageia-webteam