[Mageia-webteam] Proposal for maintainers database API

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:55:37 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 13:13, nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:
> No comment about using the website to take/drop maintainership, or using
> a command line tool ?

Both in the end. But I am not sure how to manage the authorization (or
the drop) in both cases:
 * through web UI, that's easy: the user that drops has to be the very
maintainer or an admin;
 * through the CLI, would it auth against the maintdb app or through
the buildsystem that, in turn, would notify the maintdb?

(but that may be just over specification to this point)

Aside, I've written down this
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web:maintdb#specs_actions after
having re-read this whole thread; it is likely incomplete but that's a
possible outcome of the discussion: setting down what minimal
behaviour is expected from the maintdb for it to be used.

So that's not exclusive from what has been done by Kosmas until now,
but it makes the app to need a few tweaks I believe.

Romain