[Mageia-webteam] Proposal for maintainers database API

Kosmas Chatzimichalis Kosmas at mach7x.com
Tue Mar 8 17:13:51 CET 2011

On 8 March 2011 16:07, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 16:54, nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 08 Mar 2011, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> >>  * through the CLI, would it auth against the maintdb app or through
> >> the buildsystem that, in turn, would notify the maintdb?
> > [...]
> > Or the buildsystem can do the auth, and forward the request to maintdb
> > private method without doing any check, but including in the request
> > the login name of the user requesting the change so that maintdb can
> > check the permission. This one is probably better if we want to allow
> > changes using both website and CLI as it avoids doing the same checks
> > in two different places.
>
> Looks better that way, yes.
>
> So maintdb will need to know who is admin (can be checked later with a
> flag). Not sure, can be updated later:
>
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web:maintdb#break_a_maintainer_package_association
>
> >> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web:maintdb#specs_actions [...]
> >
> > But I would change this :
> >
> > * POST https://maintdb/packages
> >  user - string - optional - login of the user pushing the package
> >
> >  The user string should not be optional but mandatory.
>
> Right. Fixed.
>
> > * GET https://maintdb/packages
> >  Returns a list such as:
> >  packagename / maintainers login / last commit date / url to bugs report
> / url to package repo
> >
> >  I don't think we should return url to bugs report and url to package
> >  repo here.
>
> Ok. Then we must have clearly spec'd URLs for both so we can use them for
> sure.
>
> > For the "last commit date", we don't have this info. The
> > info we can have is "last sucessful submit date" (the last time the
> > private method was called on that package).
>
> Right, updated as well.
>

> Kosmas, would you have time this week to work on maintdb to port these
> interfaces to it or do you need help too?
>
> I can devote some time on it this week, but I'll have to figure out
> how to... well, I've got a conflict (RubyGem version error: rack(1.2.1
> not ~> 1.1.0)) to make it run.

 Romain,

 Yes it seems very likely that I would get some time this week, as I'm
finishing a project that I had to do today.
 By all means to help if you want to :-)
 I'll be available tomorrow if you would like to have a look at the conflict
that you have.

 I will also go through the proposed changes and the spec that you have put
in the wiki, and ask if I have any questions.

 Kosmas