[Mageia-webteam] Questions about the forum

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 22 16:43:14 CET 2011

I checked the forum and here are a few questions:

1. About existing forums (linked as subforums in "Communities forums")

The listed forums are forums about Mandriva Linux, aka "Mandriva
Communities forums". I don't know about the others but MandrivaUser.de
will stay a community of Mandriva users, we decided to support both,
users who will stay with Mandriva and users who will switch to Mageia,
not mixing both.
There is surely room for cooperation and in some cases the same people
will be in both communities and links should point to existing
documentation (wiki) of existing Mandriva forums. But in a Mageia
forum a link called "Communities forums" should point at Mageia user
communities.

German community members decided to have a German Mageia forum inside
the main Mageia forum, not outside.
BTW: the name "MandrivaUsers.de" is wrong - no "s" at the end.

2. I'd apply for a moderator job in some parts of the forum - how do I do that?
3. I'd like to be part of a group (founders, translators) - how do I do that?