[Mageia-webteam] Mageia Web site(s)

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Fri Mar 25 22:27:48 CET 2011

Le mardi 15 mars 2011 12:05:21, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> Hello there,
>
> alpha2 is out, our logo is set, let's push the bar further now.
>
> Here's a global direction document to help:
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web:website
>
> This needs your input from each team (market/comm, web, artwork) and
> feel free to point others to it as well to gather feedback.
>
> Feel free to comment, add, update, but keeping it focused on not too
> specific details. The goal is to write down guidelines for the
> following milestones:
>  * general style of the website
>  * global navigation (role, contents, behaviour, design,
> implementation) to be rolled out on all mageia.org as much as possible
>  * main mageia.org theme
>  * particular pages design and implementation (order/priority to
> discuss later; however I expect us to have these ready for beta1 -
> April, 5th: global nav, basic global theme & downloads page).
>
> Thank you a lot for your feedback or even mockups on either list (I'll
> try to summarize) or on the page. We will start actively working on
> this in week 12 (one week after alpha2 release).
>
> Cheers!
>
> Romain

Hi,

I found at last some time to read the wiki page. The document seems well done
and I have nothing to add for now, but I must admit I only read it rapidly
because I need to save time for mageia-app-db as much as I can :)

One litlle detail catched my attention : "aim for the edge, must work on
Firefox & Chrome, should degrade gracefully on IE & Konqueror (if needed to
degrade)" => replace chrome with chromium, or better yet, "webkit based
browsers" ?

Regards

Samuel