[Mageia-webteam] Questions about the forum - Part II

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:34:02 CEST 2011

2011/3/30 Raphaël Jadot <ashledombos at hodo.fr>:
> 2011/3/30 Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net>:
>> Le 30/03/2011 13:04, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>>> To whom it concerns (I guess maat):
>>>
>> Yup :)
>>
>> (Or Ash)
>>
>>> After forum opening there are questions:
>>>
>>> 1. How can I make a topic "sticky"? I want to write a general post
>>> about translator teams in the right section but can't find the usual
>>> list of things I can do with a post (make it sticky, make it an
>>> announcement, make it a global announcement, etc.). In the moderator
>>> panel the dropdown list of "Select desired action" is empty, I
>>> couldn't even close the topic.
>>> I guess you are still working on the permission system, right?
>>>

>> Yup... added rights to lock topics and to make them sticky :)
>>
>>> 2. How do I edit my own post or somebody else's (as moderator)?
>>>
>> On the top right corner of the posts (near "quote" button you have an "edit" button visible if you have the right to edit posts)
>>
>> Please test and tell me :)

Yes, works, thx.

> Could be a good idea to have a moderator meeting soon, by irc or
> something else (if well prepared, we can do it in ~ a hour, the last
> modo meeting we had in mandriva forum last 1h15 minutes with 6 or 7
> subjects)
>
> The problem is that even though many of us are in europe (CET or GMT),
> other (thinking about germ for example) have up to 6 or 7 hours
> difference.
>
> So wdyt ?

Yes, good idea.
Could we wait for a couple of days with that? I think it would be good
to get some experience with the forum, may be
 - one or another question will be answered by then
 - new questions may arise.

I agree to the necessity of good communication between
moderators/admins. I also suggested to have a hidden moderator/admin
forum where all moderators and admins can share their experiences,
discuss certain issues, and even exchange names of users who popped up
in a positive or negative way.

--
wobo