[Mageia-webteam] Missing link to forums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue May 31 03:14:34 CEST 2011

2011/5/30 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:

> Granted. But then we're back to square 1: what's the goal of the
> website, and what's the goal of the global navigation (unless one
> comes with a local nav scheme).

The goals of the website are simple:
 - tell people what Mageia is in a few words (see introduction
paragraph), then leading those who are interested to learn more to
second level pages (About, Core values, people of Mageia, etc. etc.)
 - tell the people what's going on at the moment they are reading the
page (thats there with "Happening right now")
 - tell the people how they can join and help - this is already there
in the lower left, where you could also place the "Contribute" link,
it belongs into "Join us".

Then there are single main points which users will want to see and
open with one click:
 - News
 - Downloads
 - Forum
>From my experience with users these are the 3 most wanted clicks on a
distribution home page. They do not want to search for any of these.
That's why they do not belong in second level and should not be hidden
in text links.

Of course then there is one main point which **we** want the users to
be able to reach with one click: "Donations". We do not want them to
have to search for that!

--
wobo