[Mageia-webteam] Missing link to forums

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Tue May 31 09:56:47 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 03:14, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/30 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:
>>
>> Granted. But then we're back to square 1: what's the goal of the
>> website, and what's the goal of the global navigation (unless one
>> comes with a local nav scheme).
>
> The goals of the website are simple:
>  - tell people what Mageia is in a few words (see introduction
> paragraph), then leading those who are interested to learn more to
> second level pages (About, Core values, people of Mageia, etc. etc.)
>  - tell the people what's going on at the moment they are reading the
> page (thats there with "Happening right now")
>  - tell the people how they can join and help - this is already there
> in the lower left, where you could also place the "Contribute" link,
> it belongs into "Join us".

Reminds me I posted this months ago
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web:website ... *sigh*

Ok, reinstalled these in the nav bar before a wave rises; however,
that doesn't make it less messy. Community is much more than just the
forum, that's the whole project. So again, that depends on the full
proposal for the navigation scheme (contents and design and spread
around all mageia.org services and landing pages design).

Romain