[Mageia-webteam] Missing link to forums

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Tue May 31 11:18:55 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:06, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/31 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:
>>
>> Ok, reinstalled these in the nav bar before a wave rises; however,
>> that doesn't make it less messy. Community is much more than just the
>> forum, that's the whole project.
>
> Romain, I know that, but you spelled it out nicely: "before the wave rises".
> What does that mean? It means, that there is a demand, be it messy or
> whatever, we can not argue against the demand of users.

Oh yes we can. :-p That's called finding a better solution. It's just
that, at this very time, I have in no way the time and energy to
handle a (heated or not) discussion about that. :-)

What I am looking for is: experimenting, trying, finding something
better. As it is, the global nav just sucks (I'm not saying I don't
think a forum link is bad here, but that as it is, the global nav
header does not feel right).

I'll buy a whiteboard and come back with something during the Summer
if no one proposes st before.

> This direct link to the forum is for fresh users only

Right, then in this very case, it's not the global nav that counts,
but the availability of the link on the very first front page. :-)

Romain