[Mageia-webteam] [Bug 3381] [New] [WISH] At least have this under consideration as this is a great idea how to let experienced people create their own iso & then boot it with much less issues
bugzilla-daemon at mageia.org
Fri Nov 18 01:54:15 CET 2011
Summary: [WISH] At least have this under consideration as this
is a great idea how to let experienced people create
their own iso & then boot it with much less issues
AssignedTo: mageia-webteam at mageia.org
ReportedBy: kristoffer.grundstrom1983 at gmail.com
I saw this when I googled OpenSuSe & went to their site to see what OpenSuses
Studio is offering new people & I think that this is a brilliant idea in the
Here are the steps on what I suggest:
1. Just to make sure that my idea works in theory, check if your Java &
Flash-plugins are working in your desired web-browser.
2. Now, as an example go to http://mageiatudio.org/appliance/create_new with
your desired web-browser.
3. Choose a base template as displayed here in the OpenSUSE-version.
4. Select your architecture.
5. Name your appliance [I named it Kristoffer's Gnome-desktop as an example]
(that could be changed later if wanted).
6. Click the button called "Create appliance" or whatever it would be called in
7. Wait for the appliance to be created.
8. The example-result is shown in the attached picture.
9. Click the link that says "Switch to the Software tab to continue »" to
10. Add any repositories if wished for.
11. Upload any RPM's if needed.
12. If you need some more official RPM's go ahead and add those as well from
13. Click on the upper link called Configuration.
14. Choose language, keyboard layout, region, timezone.
15. Choose what Network-setting you'd like.
16. Click Personalize & change to whatever logo & background you'd like.
17. Click Startup & choose which runlevel to start with as default.
18. I hope you'll get the picture of my idea now......
19. If we'll take in consideration that you're done creating the iso, let's
download it & burn it using unetbootin or dd-method.
20. Burn the iso & boot it.
Configure bugmail: https://bugs.mageia.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the Mageia-webteam