[Mageia-artwork] 2011/week 17 review

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Thu Apr 28 11:10:19 CEST 2011

Am 28.04.2011 10:47, schrieb Anne nicolas:
> We need ti change it indeed with much darker colo. Most of mime types
> icons which can appear on desktop do have white background. It makes
> it hardly readable and we cannot  change all of them. This should be
> added as a prerequire in design specifications
>
> Cheers

I see the following (fast) solutions:
1. We use the current one and invert the colors. Would look like this:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/cZLcXCTQb0wda752EbuM6cWFIzFZ2BaC21XF10gWwzE?feat=directlink
2. We use a different available wallpaper of Alex. For example this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5410392701/in/photostream

(yes, the labels have to be modified for the release)

3. Use something different, like this one (very dark):
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Sh_GexPv2D7YJFqdM3lnZMWFIzFZ2BaC21XF10gWwzE?feat=directlink

Further proposals are more than welcome, as a dark theme doesn't fit the
taste of the mass!

However, if we change the wallpaper, we have to modify splash and login
manager too. That's ok, as we have a contrast problem there too. But
that's schulzs (Donald Stewart) turn, I guess?

Thorsten