[Mageia-artwork] installer/boot loader artwork

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:01:04 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 14:32, Céline Harrand <celine.harrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The five slides would be:
>>  - Mageia as a community driven Linux distribution
>
> Text taken from the slides at FOSDEM :
>
> a Linux distribution, forked from Mandriva Linux/Cooker
> an international community project, with a meritocratic governance
> a not-for-profit association

Yep!

>>  - Mageia governance schema (board, council, teams, community; users/makers)
>
> I guess we will have to simplify this schema :
> http://mageia.org/g/images/organisation.png

Yes, simplified a lot. :)

There's a slide ('ll post shortly) in our talks that illustrated the
flow of the governance (if that can help):
 - Community (needs, ideas, means, uses)
 - Teams (reflexion, production)
 - Council (driving, conflict mgmt)
 - Board (direction)
 - Association (structure)

>>  - Mageia values
> http://mageia.org/en/about/values/
> Should we only use the titles of this page ? Or is there more powerful
> ideas in the list items that we should use ?

Tag-clouds? (not very informative, though). Or project goals?

(aside from this, but it is related: from FOSDEM talks, one point that
was raised was that, although we did list objectives to the project,
we had no pitch for it; that's something along the mission/vision
statement, and we have nothing clear enough that embraces all the
rest).

>>  - Roadmap for 2011
> The info is here :
> - http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=docs:fosdem2011&s[]=roadmap#roadmap
> but how can we illustrate this in such a small space...

There are four steps, we can add a fifth one:
 - Sept. 2010: project launch & teams setup
 - Jan 2011: build system ready, packagers rejoice
 - Feb: first alpha
 - June: stable release
 - Summer: brainstorm the future of the project

Or, we can set milestones from now on:
 - Sept. 2010 - Feb 2011: project launch and now first alpha
 - June: stable release

> Maybe we can get inspired by the solaris schema :
> - http://www.technoit.fr/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/solaris-roadmap.gif

Hmmm maybe.

>>  - How to join
> Should we only list resources on how to contact the project ?
> - wiki
> - IRC
> - mailing-list

Actually I would have just listed several means to join/help: being a
packagers, tester, joining another team, with a single URL, like
mageia.org/join where would most of the contents be.

Romain