[Mageia-artwork] [RFC] Proposed logo guidelines

Caroline Garlatti cgarlatti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 00:02:48 CET 2011

Le dimanche 9 janvier 2011 17:52:28, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 12:39, Olivier FAURAX <olivier at faurax.fr> wrote:
> > Le 05/01/2011 21:51, Olivier FAURAX a écrit :
> >> We need to find and discuss logo guidelines, and to see what we can
> >> allow/disallow about the logo.
> >> In this text, "logo" refer to the whole thing (cauldron, bubble,
> >> "mageia" text). The "icon" is cauldron+bubble.
> >> [...]
> >
> > Also, if you see modified logo in the wild, please report them.
>
> Indeed. We might set up a form to help for this reporting.
>
> > I just saw the logo from http://cia.vc/stats/project/Mageia
>
> I don't know who put this one there.
>
> > Modifications from original:
> > - modified bubble width
> > - gradient from black to grey, on the cauldron and on the bubble
> >
> > I think the modified bubble width is bad, it doesn't seem bubbles now.
> > For the gradient, I think it should be "icon-wise" rather than applying
> > to each bubble (+cauldron) indepedently.
>
> Actually, the reference original is not really decided yet. And we
> will have to discuss/work on this in the next days/weeks. We asked to
> Caroline to check on this (and drafted a few versions then) and we saw
> of her work this week-end on paper. She should post them here soon and
> we can discuss on this. Nothing official to this point.

Indeed, I was working on it. You can see my first draft here:
http://www.kalypo.com/share/

We have tried to:
- rebalance the logo: increase the size of the text and reduce the cauldron
- apply a gradient to dynamize the screen version of the logo (the print
version will be flatten)
- introduce a color . This proposal offers the possibility to have one logo but
different color for each group (cf- Romain's mail_brand/logo management,
official/derivative)

WDYI?

--
Caro