[Mageia-artwork] Logo, derivatives, license, guidelines

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:56:52 CEST 2011

Hi there,

we used to start this conversation weeks, if not months ago but I
don't remember us settling it.

The question is: how do we manage the Mageia logo (licensing, do's,
don't's), especially regarding official uses (regarding the
association) and larger, derivatives uses (local communities,
derivative distribution, "supported by/made with Mageia" buttons,
etc.).

That translates into:
 - a guidelines book (what to do, what not to do), intended both at
the artwork/marcom team and at anyone willing to use the logo;
 - some ready-made derivatives
 - a clear license applied to all graphics
 - all that made available into what is, for now, this rather simple
page: http://mageia.org/en/about/media/

I have some ideas (official logo being CC-By-ND for everyone, but, of
course, for the artwork team or appointed people by the association;
basic elements (font, blueprint) and derivatives being all CC-By-SA,
guidelines explaining the in and out's), but I am really not sure,
so... here's the discussion.

Cheers!

Romain