[Mageia-artwork] Meeting tonight

Dexter Morgan dmorganec at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:29:25 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Luc Menut <lmenut at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 29/06/2011 08:42, Thorsten van Lil a écrit :
>>
>> Dear team-mates,
>> we will hold a short meeting today:
>> Topics are:
>> * Window decoration
>
> Mainly as a Mageia's user, and also as a packager, I would make some remarks
> about window decoration for next Mageia release.
> We had several bugs in the past (at start of ia_ora in Mdv) with our own
> window decoration.
> Maintaining a good window decoration is lot of work, and I'm not sure we
> have enough manpower to do so (or that it's the best use of our limited
> manpower!!).
> I would prefer if we use the upstream window decoration (and widget style)
> of desktop environments (even if we have some differences between DE), and
> we take time to polish the integration of most of graphics applications
> (qt4, gtk2, and now gtk3 apps) in each DE.
>
> my 2 cents :-)

we need coherency between the desktops so we need the same default
theme for gtk and kde apps.

This is why i propose this :

KDE => Oxygen
GTK 3  => Oxygen-gtk3
GTK 2  => Oxygen-gtk

We can't use ia ora anymore for mageia  2 because we would need to
recode all the theme for gtk3 so better leave it in peace and use a
new one.

As a gnome packager i started to package oxygen-gtk3 and i will work
to have it usuable in our gnome 3.