[Mageia-artwork] Mageia-artwork Digest, Vol 13, Issue 21

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 19:35:08 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Donald Stewart <watersnowrock at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 20 November 2011 18:22, tumbeliina <tumbeliina at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I voted Max too :)
> >
> > tumbeliina
> > ________________________________

But that's a good thing. It means that both candidates will do a good job.
Douglas Adams wrote:
"One of the many major problems with governing people is that of who you
get to do it.
Or rather, who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize, it is a well-known and much lamented fact that those people
who most want to rule people are ipso facto those least suitable to do it.
To summarize the summary, anyone who is capable of getting themselves made
president should on no account be allowed to do the job.
To summarize the summary of the summary, people are a problem."

This can be applied not just to presidency, but to any position of
responsibility.
By that logic, anybody who does not want the job, and takes steps to avoid
getting the job, once the job is forced upon that person he or she will do
a good job.