[Mageia-artwork] Fwd: Wiki tweaks

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:45:58 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Subject: Wiki tweaks
To: oliver.bgr at googlemail.com

Hi
Oli's playground<http://www.mandrivauser.de/mga-testwiki/index.php/Olis_Playground>looks
really great. It's clean, it's pretty, it's functional, it's
everything we want in a wiki. There are, however, a few small details I
noticed, that when fixed will elevate this into hitherto unexplored regions
of awesome.

   1. Rounded corners.
      1. The banner has rounded corners, and with the light blue background
      they are visible due to square image.
      2. The links panel on the left. The two top corners (above "Personal
      tools") and the two bottom corners (below "Permanent link") are visible.
   2. Font.
   The font needs to be set to the same size and font as the blog. I'm not
   sure what it is. Headings can be different.
   3. Background image.
      1. It would be nice if the background image were visible behind the
      main section (where all the text goes and behind the panel on
the left). I'm
      not sure if such a thing is possible though. The light blue
background color
      comes very close, and if I weren't looking for it I probably
would not have
      noticed.
      2. The light blue background color ends flush with the edge of the
      text box on the right. That is fine, except for the bottom part.
I'm using a
      laptop screen, so the contrast is rather weird. It looks to me
(even though
      I know that this is not the case) like the bottom part of that
is all white.
      Even the background image. For short pages it looks fine, but
for pages that
      extend below the links panel on the left it looks weird. I'm not
sure what
      can be done about that though. We might need to simply shrug and
accept it,
      or perhaps change the background image, and thus change that of the main
      site and blog as well.
   4. Headings.
   The shadows there look weird to me. It might simply be a personal
   preference, but when I see that I blink and squint, as if I have something
   in my eye making the text look fuzzy.

That's all I got for now, if anything else pops up I'll let you know.
Keep up the great work!
Max