[Mageia-artwork] Vote: wiki theme

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:06:44 CEST 2011

After looking around a bit it turns out that Mediawiki calls them skins and
not themes (there should be some sort of standardization for terminology)
which might be why we can't find that many options.
Anyway, I found this:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gallery_of_user_stylesthat has a list of
several skins.
Personally, I like the Cavendish
mod<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gallery_of_user_styles#Cavendish-MW>.
It's neat, clean and slick. Also the colors approximate our chosen palette,
which means that with relatively few modifications we can get this to work
for us. It also gives a good idea of how it will look with our colors.
It appears to still be under development but entirely usable. This also
means that the developer is still active and will probably maintain it in
the future.

About the cross-site navigation bar, I am not a qualified web guru, and I
have no idea how that bar is built, but shouldn't it simply be a matter of
editing the css pages?