[Mageia-artwork] Design for Mageia 2

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:34:54 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:10, Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It does not. The logo is not clear, indistinguishable from the
>> background but still playing with it, with no contrast. It hurts both
>> the logo and the background.
>
> [...] He said that he can see it fine, it doesn't disappear into the image.

I can see it too. As I can read a book in twilight. That's not the
problem. The problem is that, apart from its bubbles, the logo does
not contrast with the background enough.

If you want to absolutely brand the background so that it stands out
that it's a Mageia system, at least do it with the basic tool that
contrast is, make the logo stand out. Test: put it full screen, move 2
to 3 meters away from your screen. You'll notice there's something
written (because of the bubbles or top of the letters), but you won't
decipher it easily, if at all.

In this regard, the first mockup I saw going around (white text logo
with a small inset light shadow, upper right corner) was not bad
(could not find it back in my archive though).